Saturday, October 31, 2009

too soon

It's our last day here in Tours, and it's here too soon. Without knowing it a bond has formed. The congregation has accepted us without thought. We've made life long friends. And Maryline and Agbesi are now like family. Though I'm looking to the future and what it might hold I am sad to leave. It is truly amazing to me the blessings we receive when we put ourselves out there.

What blessings? Well, besides the new friends, our french has indeed improved. Channing is just starting to put together her own sentences and her reading has improved one hundred percent. Shame it didn't happen till the last few days, c'est la vie. As for me...well my head doesn't hurt as much at the end of the day from trying to speak.

Oh, one more thing. Guess what we did last night with some of the young ones from the congregation?¿?¿?¿? We had an American night out...that's right MacDonalds (which they call Mag dO) and bowling and beer. Believe it or not yours truly, the gutter queen, didn't do too bad. It looked like I might actually win for a while, but I got third place. :)

I might not be able to post in Paris, so.....á bientôt!

3 comments:

  1. too bad. I love all the pictures you've posted they make excellent backgrounds! five stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you girls will always be miss we miss you back here too I can only imagine all the tears for I am beginning to form some just thinking about you two jadour ma amis sours

    ReplyDelete